Most Frequent Guest Comments:
1. We wish we had stayed more than one night at Volcano Inn. It was fantastic!
2. We are double paying to stay in Volcano while we still have our condo/hotel package in Kona, but we wish we would’ve stayed here for the week instead!
3. Why did we fall for the one/two-week package in Kona when everything we wanted to do was a 5-hour drive to the other side of the Big Island?
4. We’re so glad you could accommodate us last minute, we didn’t want to drive all the way back to Kona again.
5. Why did we stay one night in Hilo and one in Volcano, when Hilo is only a 30-minute drive from Volcano?
6. The hotel in the park had no hot tubs.
7. We bailed out (left) our horrible Airbnb place and were ecstatic to find Volcano Inn at an even better price.
8. We walked into the hotel in the park and were put off by the high prices. We found Volcano Inn a few minutes away at less than half the price and were pleased.
Travel Plans with Home Base in Volcano, Hawai’i
A lot of people make their trip to stay in Kona, and quickly get irritated with all the hours wasted driving in the car. Most people don’t realize that most of the tourist destinations on the Big Island are on the East Side of the island! Making travel plans to a brand new place can be stressful, confusing and overwhelming. We know. That is why we at Volcano Inn have created this page; to help you with your travel plans to Volcano area on the Big Island of Hawai’i. This guide includes some of our favorite spots near Volcano Inn and across the island. Scroll Down for more specific ideas on must see things while your on Big Island! Our posts include insider information and background history on awesome spots, cultural significance and even local tips.
Volcano Inn is the perfect “Home Base” for your island getaway.
We are centrally located to everything you want to see and do! Volcano Village sits at 4,000 ft. elevation, making it a cool climate to relax and enjoy the beauty of the Native rain forest and Hawaiian forest birds. Volcano Inn is located less than one mile to the entrance of Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park. That makes exploring the park very convenient to access, rather than wasting valuable hours of your time driving back and forth from Kona.
Traveling around the Island
We recommend you rent a car to make the most of your Big Island Hawaii vacation. If you do not want to stress out about renting a car and driving, we do have Lyft and Uber on the island. Both popular ridesharing schemes, have been on the mainland for a while now but are pretty new to the islands. After setting up first in Honolulu they have been operating on Big Island since March 2017.
With your smartphone app you can schedule a ride in minutes and see the price up front. Both are popular in and around Hilo and Kona – especially on cruise ship days – and although currently drop-offs are only allowed at the airports (KOA, ITO) the Hawaii Department of Transportation should be ruling soon to also allow pick-ups.
First Time Users of Lyft & Uber! Use This Free Ride Credit Discount Coupon:
For first time users just download the app and enter the appropriate promo code to unlock your free ride credits. (tip: be sure to take your first ride within 14 days of entering the promo code)
Lyft promo code – VOLCANOLYFT
Uber promo code – LYALLB52UE