Making travel plans to a brand new place can be stressful, confusing and overwhelming. We know. That is why we at Volcano Inn have created this page. We hope to help you with your travel plans to Volcano area on the Big Island of Hawai’i. We invite you to make the most of your vacation by using our guide of all the must see attractions nearby! We wrote this guide to our favorite spots near Volcano Inn and across the island. Click on the articles (under “Things To Do”) for more information on some of our favorite spots. Our posts include insider information and background history on awesome spots, cultural significance and even local tips.
Volcano Inn is the perfect “Home Base” for your island getaway. We are centrally located to everything you want to see and do! Volcano Village sits at 4,000 ft. elevation, making it a cool climate to relax and enjoy the beauty of the Native rain forest and Hawaiian forest birds. Volcano Inn is located less than one mile to the entrance of Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park. That makes exploring the park very convenient to access, rather than wasting valuable hours of your time driving back and forth from Kona
How our guests wished they had
planned their trip to the Big Island
Most frequent comments:
1. We wish we had stayed more than one night at Volcano Inn. It was fantastic!
2. We are double paying to stay in Volcano while we still have our condo/hotel package in Kona, but we wish we would’ve stayed here for the week instead!
3. Why did we fall for the one/two-week package in Kona when everything we wanted to do was a 5-hour drive to the other side of the Big Island?
4. We’re so glad you could accommodate us last minute, we didn’t want to drive all the way back to Kona again.
5. Why did we stay one night in Hilo and one in Volcano, when Hilo is only a 30-minute drive from Volcano?
Things To Do
- Celebrate Labor Day – Halemaʻumaʻu Is putting on a show!
- Kilauea Visitor Center at Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park
- Jaggar Museum and Uwēkahuna at Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park
- Steam Vents at Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park
- Kaʻū Desert Hike at Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park
- Kīlauea Iki hike at Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park
- Lava tube Hike Nāhuku at Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park
- NEW Halemaʻumaʻu Viewing Area Opens at Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park
- Halemaʻumaʻu Lava Lake – Kīlauea – Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Puʻu ʻŌʻō Eruption – Ocean Lava Entry